Celebrating 20 years
CISV Rocky Mountain Denver was founded in 1999 shortly after the tragic Columbine High School massacre by three women who saw the great opportunity to bring peace to our region, especially for our children. We have grown from sending one Village of 4 delegates and a leader to annually sending nearly 60 participants worldwide and hosting an international and a local camp.
The Rocky Mountain Denver CISV Chapter is run entirely by volunteers. There are numerous opportunities to get involved, even for the busiest of people.
Our Board, Committee members and volunteers:
- attends CISV USA meetings for the Chapter
- participates in CISV USA Committees for the Chapter
- shares information about CISV and about the local chapter
- hosts meetings, events such as the Bon Voyage Party and Annual Fund Raiser
- hosts an annual mini-camp to introduce youth to CISV
- hosts international programs
- oversees the Junior Board (JB) and supports their events
- recruits and selects "delegations" for international programs
- recruits and selects "leaders" for international programs
- recruits and selects staff for international programs hosted locally
- helps with delegations with communication and travels
- charges the fees and pays the international organization
- searches for sponsors and donors
- represents our interests in national and international conferences
The adult Board meets once a month and meetings are open to CISV members.
To find how to become a board member, and other volunteer opportunities, please click here